Chủ Nhật, 10 tháng 4, 2011

Dear Johan
I am happy to answer your questions.
First 10 months(March 6th, 2007 to January 4th, 2008 it was very poor situation, they did not supply the clean water, no water for drink, food was only rice and a little dirty vegetable. They kept me with other criminals in the same room, there were about 25 per room. It was detention center No 1 of Hanoi city.
January 4th, 2008 they moved me to Nam Ha prison where they kept political and religious prisoners( it is far from Hanoi about 80 km). Nam Ha prison has 3 areas, and in my area there were about 140 political and religious prisoners in 3 rooms at that time and there were about other 40 who were Vietnamese people but worked as a spy for China. In the other area have about 30 political religious prisoners. All of 140 and other 30 are Christian from highland centre of Vietnam; they were arrested in 2001 and 2004. And now there are about over 100, the others finished their term and were released. Nam Ha prison is better than Hanoi detention center No 1. They gave us enough rice and vegetable, clean water for drink and they sell foods and we can buy and they allowed us to use coal stove. We could cook more food so we feel better. Only political prisoners are allowed to use coal stove and other 850 criminal prisoners are not allow to cook.
From the date of my arrest until now, I never recognize that what I had done is violated the law of Vietnam so when I was in Ha Nam prison I did not work and did not take part what they wanted me to do. Everyday, I read Bible, praying, learning English, and doing exercise. The others have to work from 7am to 10.30am, and 1pm to 4pm, they made handicraft production.
I was very lucky because I stayed with many Christians for 3 years. Every week, we prayed on Wednesday, study Bible on Saturday, we worshiped God on Sunday morning and afternoon. I shared the Words of God with them every two week, this encouraged me and I felt the time elapsed very quickly. This also helped me to grow up in spirit and faith.
When I was in prison, The International Committee for Religious Freedom of US visited me twice, first was in October 2007, the second was April 2009. US Ambassador visited me in October 2008. The delegation of Australian foreign ministry visited in November 2009. And the delegation of US State department and White house visited me in November 2010. Mennonite church of Vietnam visited me in February 2008.
Now, I still have 4 years been under surveillance by the ministry of police, I can not go out of the precinct where I live. In case I need to go to hospital or visit my family I have to get the permission from police and they follow me everywhere I go.
In March 8th, 2011 there were some pastors and evangelist came to see me, but when they left my apartment police stopped them and took them to police’s office, kept them 3,5 hours before released them.
In March 18th, the political secretary of US Embassy in Hanoi was coming to visit me, but 50 police and security officers stopped him in the alley to my building so he could not come to see me.
Few days ago, there were some of my friends came to my apartment without any problem. It seems better.
The ministry of justice withdrew my lawyer license and the trade department of Hanoi withdrew my company’s license. We have been married for 13 years but we don’t have children yet. Now we are having the medical treatment and it cost so expensive, the result seems to be good and we hope to have children soon.
I trust in God and I believe in what I have been doing is God’s will. I continue to struggle for religious freedom, democracy and human rights of Vietnam.
Pray for me and I need your assistance.
If you need any more information, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you soon again.

God bless you.
Dai.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét